I don’t know if you noticed, but Mercedes-Benz just started a whole new line of Classes that start with the letters “EQ,” where the “E” stands for “Electric” and “Q” stands for “Intelligence.” So “EQ” stands for an “Electric Intelligence.” And if you ask why the letter “Q” represents “Intelligence,” it’s because Mercedes hints at “IQ” with “EQ.” It’s just a play of words!
As the name “Electric Intelligence” suggests, this new line of Mercedes Classes will offer Electric Vehicles only. No Hybrids, no Gasoline, no Diesel, only fully electric cars. These vehicles require cables and chargers, and they run purely on the battery.
The third letter following the first two letters, “EQ,” completes the actual name of Mercedes Class. We won’t know what model it is without the third letter, which represents the size of the vehicle…
If you’d like to go directly to the points of interest of the video, you can click directly on the timestamps below:
- 00:00 NEW Mercedes EQ-Line;
- 00:35 EQ Name stands for “Electric Intelligence” Explained;
- 01:01 EQ Model Names Explained;
- 01:17 Mercedes EQ Models Size Differences;
- 03:30 Mercedes EQ Model Electric Driving Range Distances Specs;
- 04:20 Question of Today!
- We used some footage under an “editorial purpose permission” from Daimler Global Media.